OUR GOAL IS TO MANAGE THE
power lines' rights-of-way to prevent service interruption in the most efficient and cost effective way possible
The Vegetation Management department at Hendricks Power Cooperative performs several different tasks, primarily the trimming and removal of trees around power lines. Often, trees or tree limbs come in contact with power lines, and can result in a power outage. These service interruptions are not only inconvenient for our customers, but are many times costly to the cooperative as well.
Learn more about our Vegetation Management department, and how you can help!
2020 SPRING/SUMMER SCHEDULE
During Spring 2020, we plan on servicing the Fillmore and Heritage Lake areas. We will be headed further north of St Rd 36 on the west side of Danville as the Summer approaches on our Montclair circuit.
WHERE ARE WE NOW?
We are currently finishing work near Fillmore, Greencastle, Bainbridge, and Coatesville. Currently our contractor is Williams Tree Service.
Often, our contractors will leave a "door hanger" on your door to indicate that we will soon be in the area.
WOOD CHIP REQUEST
Hendricks Power will deliver wood chips accumulated during the normal course of right-of-way clearing to any member requesting them (when available). Please read the information below, and complete the request form.
Wood chips are a by-product of our maintenance line clearance tree trimming work. Desired delivery sites must be clearly marked. The site must be easily accessible for a large truck. Hendricks Power may refuse to deliver the woods chips if it feels the conditions at the site may jeopardize the safety of employees, the general public, or cooperative equipment.
Once the chips have been delivered to the specified site, it will become the responsibility of the member making the request to redistribute the wood chips. Hendricks Power makes no guarantee to the quality, load size, type of condition of wood chips available.
Please note: Every attempt will be made to accommodate your request BUT Hendricks Power cannot guarantee time, date or delivery of wood chips.
Wood Chip Delivery Terms
- Average size load contains approximately 12 cubic yards, which is about 3.5' high x 8 'wide x 12' long.
- The mulch is full of green leaves and is in a compost stage from about April - October.
- Green mulch takes approximately 4-6 weeks to deteriorate. Using mulch in the green state may severely damage garden plants and shrubs because it is in a compost stage.
- During warm weather, green mulch may attract stinging insects.
- During the deterioration process, the mulch may have a strong odor like rotting grass or leaves. It can become extremely hot and may ignite due to spontaneous combustion.
- The mulch will kill grass under it, and stain a driveway.
- The mulch will probably contain stringy material such as small sticks.
- Do not burn wood mulch in any wood burning stove, fireplace, furnace, etc.
- The mulch will mold and mushrooms may be present.
- Children should not play in the mulch.